Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Summer Slump

I know, I know, you're thinking why the heck would this crazy teacher title a blog post summer slump? Don't get me wrong, I love ice cream, lake days and bonfires but, I have crazy ideas for next year flying through my mind. The bad thing about this you ask? My building is closed for most of the summer and I am moving rooms. I can't help but sit here and think, "I wonder what my new room will look like", "Ooohh, that would be awesome for "Johnny"", and "ahhh, how will I ever have time to get everything set up before the kids come?"

 I don't know about you, but I am a planner. I like things neat and orderly. When placing items in my classroom I think about all of the things that could possibly happen such as...if I put this here can "Johnny" throw it?, How mad would I be if these baskets got destroyed, paper ripped or pencils broken?

All of these things put me in a summer slump. I would rather spend the time in my room working on these things instead of sitting around thinking about them. I think the biggest problem of all is that I don't know how to relax. I have always been stretched to my limit and now that I am done with work, grad classes and after school tutoring I don't know what to do with myself.

 So this week I will set a goal for myself. I can only have summer slump thoughts when I am relaxing poolside with my freshly squeezed lemonade. How about you, do you ever get into a summer slump? Bored? that urge to get back into the classroom?

Here are some photos of a 3 minute temper tantrum that happened last year.....do you see why I like to plan things out lol.
 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment